Monday, November 26, 2007
What Have You Used QuestionsThese questions are used to determine the depth and breadth of experience the interviewee has.
- What versions of VB have you used? Have you also used VBA or VBScript?
- Have you ever used classes? If so, how have you used them?
- Have you ever created ActiveX DLLs? If so, why did you create the DLLs instead of using code in the main application?
- Have you ever created ActiveX controls? If so, what did they do?
- Have you ever created ActiveX EXEs? If so, what were they used for?
- Have you ever used Collections? Collection Classes?
- Have you ever used ADO? DAO? RDO? Any other database engines?
- What database backends have you worked with? Access? SQL Server? Oracle?
- Have you ever used resource files? If so, for what reason?
- Have you used the FileSystemObject? The Dictionary Object? Regular Expressions?
- Have you developed COM+ components? Any other types of server based components?
- What source code control systems have you used?
- What versions of Windows have you used? Have you used any other operating systems?
- What third party ActiveX controls have you used?
- Are there any other programming tools, such as database diagramming, UML, or CASE tools, that you've used?
- Have you developed components for IIS? Developed ASP pages?