Monday, November 26, 2007
General VB Programming QuestionsThese questions cover some common situations in programming in VB. You'll probably want to add your own that are specific to your project.
- If you were writing a program, what method would you use to send information from the main form of the application to a modal popup form and then pass any changes to the data back to the main form when the popup form was closed?
- How would you center a form on the screen? How about centering it on another form?
- If an event, such as a tool bar button or menu click,occurs on a MDI parent how can it invoke an action on one or more MDI child forms?
- What are some methods you can use to send data from one VB executable to another one?
- What are the differences between a standard module and a class module?
- What do you have to do to make your class visible to programs other than your own?
- How can you tell what kind of object an object variable is holding?
- Describe the different scopes of variables in VB.
- Describe the difference between a public variable in a form and one in a standard code module.
- How do you handle error conditions in your code?
- What are some uses and misuses of variants?
- What are some of the steps you can take to determine why your program is crashing with "Invalid Page Fault" errors?
- What are the different ways you can use threading in VB? When are they appropriate?
- How many tabs in a tabbed dialog do you consider appropriate?
- How many items should you make available to users in a listbox or combo box?